[AMPS] alpha re-build

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] alpha re-build
From: henry@pacinfo.com (henry gillow-wiles)
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 22:20:02 -0800
I have an Alpha 89 that had a control board failure. This particular amp
went to 3Y0PI and was built as a prototype of the current model 89's. The
problem is the control boards aren't the same as the current production and
tracking down the problem may very well run up a bill large enough to make
fixing the amp not cost effective.

The question:

If the Alpha is rendered unrepairable, can I remove the control section and
rebuild the amp with meters and a tuning section like my Henry 2KD. I'm
thinking I need the tube pre-heat system and the coil, cap, PS sections. Is
this a good idea or do I just sell it for parts? Any idea of where I can go
to get info on a project like this? A mono band amp isn't outside the realm
of possibilities.

What do you think, Rich?

Thanks..........

end