[AMPS] Reply of 11/19/98 to W6FR

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Reply of 11/19/98 to W6FR
From: gbadger@svetlana.com" <gbadger@svetlana.com (George Badger)
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 15:32:52 -0800
Hello Carl:

May I quote Bill Orr's article in November, 1995 "CQ", page 56, as follows:

"In the last few years, assisted by American expertise, the Russians are
turning out first class tubes, like the 811As.The Russian 811A, looks like
the good old RCA job, but with the addition of a ceramic base, and a
ceramic insulator under the plate cap, to prevent the glass envelope from
electrolysis. In addition, a hard glass envelope is used specifically
intended for transmitting tubes, instead of the soft glass envelope of the
RCA811A.

Four Svetlana 811A's (from Svetlana Electron Devices, 3000 Alpine Road,
Portola Valley, CA.94028; phone 415-233-0429) are running in my 30L-1
amplifier. Operation is uneventful, the results equaling those achieved
with the early RCA tubes. The 4 tubes seem equally matched, as all run at
the same temperature."

73

George     W6TC