[AMPS] SB-200 problem

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-200 problem
From: realex@flash.net (bob alexander)
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 16:38:17 -0600
Howdy,
I've been troubleshooting an SB200 and have gotten exactly
nowhere.  Measured operating conditions are:

Plate voltage = 2100 indicated on front panel meter
(I've measured 350 VDC +/- 10% across each filter cap)
there is continuity between p.s. and plates (no open choke)

Bias (measured between grid and cathode) =  -125 VDC in standby,
 -2 VDC keyed

Idle current = 20 Ma indicated

Plate current = 100 Ma with 100 Watts drive

Power output = 100 Watts max on any band

Input VSWR between 2 and 3:1 depending on band

Filament voltage = 6.31 VAC (center tap is grounded)

All components check O.K.

I get the same results with a second set of 572Bs

Does anyone have any suggestions?
73, and Thanks
Bob, W5AH