[AMPS] Dip Meters and Chokes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Dip Meters and Chokes
From: c-hawley@uiuc.edu (Charles Jack Hawley)
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 09:21:59 -0600

Radiodan W7RF wrote:

> The MFJ looks a bit cheap in person but I can't vouch for how well it
> operates.
>
> I can tell you that the Kenwood unit I have has performed flawlessly for
> years (maybe 10+?). I  also use it's crystal checker function. A bit less
> since business band radios have been synthesized for quite a few years now.
> Just don't leave it on or you'll eat 9V batteries!
> I have an old heathkit AC operated one, I'll sell ya cheap...........
>
> 73, Dan Magro W7RF, (member SCDXC, SCCC)
> Manufacturers Rep & Distributor for HENRY Amplifiers.
> www.radiodan.com <http://www.radiodan.com>     RFpower@radiodan.com
> <mailto:RFpower@radiodan.com> A trip to our web site is worth the click!

The MFJ works but the dip is somewhat shallow. My father in law uses the MFJ
that way all the time and seems to get along with it.
I kind of like the Millen and there are lots of them out there at hamfests from
time to time...also the solidstate Heathkit I've seen for sale but don't know
how accurate it is.

Chuck

Charles Jack Hawley
Amateur Radio Operator
Chuck, KE9UW

Alias "Jack" to my BMW Motorcycle Friends
BMWMOA # 224   Black '86 K100RS
President, IBMWR

Viki rides...
BMWMOA # 18120   Black '86 K100RS