[AMPS] RE: Down Alpha 89

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] RE: Down Alpha 89
From: k9aw@mozcom.com (Gary G Dein)
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 12:07:02 +0800
Further investigation as to why components blew reveals a
Gecko (small tropical lizard) crawled up into unit entering
from exhaust fan. Decided to try and take up residence on
power supply board. Fried itself and my components. Am
going to install a screen once I get the parts ordered to
restore unit. I have owned this piece of equipment since
September 1994 and it has performed flawlessly. I operate
in all major contest, on all bands and modes and have had
NO other problems. Up until this point, when I've turned on
my Alpha it's delivered. 73 de Gary - K9AW/DU6
To: <amps@contesting.com>