[AMPS] turns counters

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] turns counters
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 19:08:37 -0500

On Sat, 30 Jan 1999 09:47:25 -0800 "Ron Spencer" <n4vos@mis.net> writes:

>Hello I 've got a question ? What good is a turns counter on a air
>variable
>which has a 1 to 1 ratio with a counter. If the counter is turned one
>rev.
>the air variable will turn 360 degrees. and the counter will only read
>1 is
>this not correct. The amp in the 89 handbook does not say anything
>about a
>gear reduction like a 6 to 1 or something of this nature. I guess the
>question I asking is why waste the money for a counter on the air
>variable.
>I understand one on a vacuum variable.

A real waste of money too!.   However a reduction drive that has a mount
for a 0-100 scale is worth doing.
Even Amp Supply used 6:1 drives on their products. These days you can buy
the drives, scales and knobs from Ameritron for short money.

73  CArl  KM1H

73  Carl  KM1H

>Ron
>

>--

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]