[AMPS] HV Switching Supply

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] HV Switching Supply
From: wc6w@juno.com (Radio WC6W)
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 13:56:53 EST

On Sat, 30 Jan 1999 21:04:47 -0500 km1h@juno.com writes:

Hi Carl,
   A worthy project.

>Input:  90-260VAC @ 47-440Hz

  PFC Boost input topology I presume?  Provision for soft-start??

>Output: 2000, 2250, 2500VDC at up to 1A PEP

  H Bridge?  FET's or IGBT's??  What switching frequency???

   Output protection?   SInce the output capacitor is somewhere in the
neighborhood of .1uF you should be able to build in some real "glicch"
protection for the benefit of both the tubes and the transistors.

> User selectable xfmr taps.
>About 5% worse case regulation, open loop.

    Are you planning to close the loop?

>Xfmr: Planar construction

    Oooh,  modern!  Where do the parts for that come from?

>Output: 300-400VDC  adjustable @ 50ma, .25% regulation
>Output: -25 to -150VDC @ 50ma adjustable. .25% regulation
>Xfmr: conventional pot core

  Is this driven from a separate output circuit?  I have found it safer
over the years to source the grid bias independently from the plate &
screen with appropriate interlocks.

  Well, those are my "first look" comments.  Good luck with the project!

73, & Happy Sunday
    Marv  WC6W

*

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]