[AMPS] FW: Mail failure

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] FW: Mail failure
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 10:05:34 -0500
At 09:33 AM 2/1/99 -0500, Gilmer, Mike wrote:

>Boy, I guess there could be many reasons why this Mail Failure message
>appears - what do the reflector administrators want us to do if we see
>one?
>I had assumed that I was getting it alone but I suppose that's not
>likely (or possible?)

The well-behaved way for mail servers to work with reflectors (in my
opinion) would be for bounces to go back to the reflector admin, rather
than being directed all the way back to the message originator.  Most of
them do it this way, but once in a while ...

Anyhow, there is nothing that you, as an individual subscriber, needs to
do.  When I was an admin I would wait a few days to see if the failure was
a transitory hiccup.  If it stopped happening I would do nothing, but if it
continued too long I would delete the subscriber addresses that were
causing the problem.  I never had a complaint from doing it this way.

73,  Pete N4ZR
Loud is good