[AMPS] RE: Micas and DC

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] RE: Micas and DC
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 08:49:42 -0000
I've never come across the idea of problems with DC on micas before. Most
micas are DC rated, anyway. Never had any micas fail on me, either.

In fact, in over 30 years in the business professionally as well as amateur,
the only caps I've had fail were electrolytics and paper tubular, besides a
couple of acses of over run ceramic RF caps.

This may have come from the problems with Yaesu FT101s and FL100s, where the
coupling cap from driver plate  to PA grid was a 350 volt (if I remember
right) unit, and was pushed a bit on the ratings. Even a 500volt unit there
was tight. They'd go leaky, and fry the PA tubes - as you'd expect.

73

Peter G3RZP