[AMPS] Final (??) Comments on B&W850A

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Final (??) Comments on B&W850A
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 19:58:22 -0600
>The idea was to increase the minimum required C. You can move the tap
>around for other stepups but the balanced T arrangement is the one most
>often mentioned.
>
>Adding another completely seperate L ahead of the 10M coil works on paper
>but I have not tried it ; but would seem to add a reverse requirement on
>the lower band taps.

??

You and I suggest the same thing from what I can tell.  Who cares if it
is 2 seperate inductors or tapped in the middle of one.  I don't follow
your logic.  Perhaps I didn't read your original post correctly or
something.

As for having a reverse requirement on the other bands I don't understand
that either.  The L-net comprised of the Cout of the tube and the new
inductor is of a low-pass topology.  So as you go lower in frequency its
effect becomes less and less.

>Nothing is simple!

Well said!

73,