[AMPS] L-Net calculations: Am I doing something wrong?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] L-Net calculations: Am I doing something wrong?
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 20:52:33 -0600
>Everyone says they've seen this "trick" done in the ARRL handbook and
>other texts.  Can someone be specific as to what handbook (what year)?  I
>sure can't find it yet in the 1999 issue or in my 1989 issue.

OK, I just found it after some digging in my 1989 handbook.  It talks
about using the concept of parallel to series transformations. So trying
this with my 1 uH inductor, I get a new tube impedance of 2697 Ohms in
parallel with 9.8 pF of capacitance.  This is very usable.

Now, my question is how come it worked this way, but when I used the
concept of creating an L-network, the whole thing fell on its face?

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden