[AMPS] FL-2100B blown bandswitch in 80M position

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] FL-2100B blown bandswitch in 80M position
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 10:39:19 -0500

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999 03:08:06 EST K7NT@aol.com writes:

>I have a FL-2100B that does not work on 80M because the bandswitch has
>contact that looks like it was vaporized.
>
>I am looking into getting a replacement bandswitch from Yaesu, but
>would like
>to know of any other sources.
>
>Also, I would like to know if anyone else has had a similar problem
>with one
>of these amps. It was broken when I got it, so I don't know the
>failure
>situation. I am curious if anything else might have been damaged
>either before
>or as a result of the bandswitch failure. I have visually inspected
>and find
>nothing else appears to be burned or overheated.
>
>Your thoughts and feedback appreciated.
>73,
>Mike  K7NT

I have one that I added the 10M contact to and removed the stop. It came
from a 2100F if I recall and otherwise identical to yours.

Price $50 shipped with your bad one as a trade in.

If you are using Svetlana and some Chinese tubes you must make a mod to
the bias ckt to keep from oscillating.

Jeremy Communications
Box 973
Pelham, NH  03076

73  Carl  KM1H

>--

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]