No subject

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: No subject
From: jtml@lanl.gov (John Lyles)
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 23:39:24 -0700
Fellow hams on this emailer:

I have noticed a tendency for some of you to include the original message,
which included the original message, which included the original message,
and all of the associated email junk headers and trailers (such as the
Juno.com advertisement at the end of this email). Below isa recent example
of what has become a tireless drivel of regurgitated messages. By getting
the AMPS@CONTESTING.COM as a digest, I have reduced the email interruptions
(some of us are actually at work reading and replying) to a few per day.
But when they have these CLIP CLIP CLIP insertions of previous emails and
replys, it becomes a core dump of the same topic about 10 times more than I
could possibly want to read.

I would like to suggest that we use some email etiquite when replying, to
edit out the repeats and extra crap, instead of just posting the mail with
everything replied before as an attachement below. It sure would make
reading things easier. Today I had difficulty in reading the replys from
several of you, as they seemed buried at either end of  the >>, >>>, >>>>>,
conversation on ham radio (i mean an old fashioned rag chew) where the one
ham replys and repeats everything the previous ham said, like "FB on your
wife having a church meeting tonight OM,  FB on your rig there giving me a
5 by 9 copy, FB on the WX being cold and snowy there." We've all been there
and heard it. Do we have to do this on the internet too?!

Thanks for helping to minimize this waste of our eyes, and server
conmnections. I have noticed the number of people submitting automatic HTML
messages has dropped, thanks for being considerate about that too.

73
John
K5PRO

EXAMPLE BELOW, SORRY I HAD TO INCLUDE IT TO SHOW WHAT I AM COMPLAINING ABOUT: