[AMPS] Alpha/Power and Henry Radio

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Alpha/Power and Henry Radio
From: Dick Green" <dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 15:11:59 -0400
> So Alpha demonstrate at full power do they? In the 1970's Racal developed
> what was probably one of the first 1 KW output fully auto-tuned HF solid
> state PAs. They also used to demonstrate them running full power but also
> used to show that on full power you could pull the antenna connector out
and
> do no harm at all to the amp. That's real confidence!

You can do that with an Alpha 89, 87A or 91b (soon to be 99.)

In trying to find more info on the LK-550ZC, I searched the QST CD-ROMs and
came across a whole bunch of Alpha ads from 1988-1989. Remember the 86? And
there was actually a picture of the 87, which I think was replaced by the
87A before being released. The best were the original 89 ads, with the
"brick-on-the-key" contest. I'd forgotten about that!

73, Dick, WC1M