[AMPS] rice burners/3rd order imd

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] rice burners/3rd order imd
From: irosky@yahoo.com (igor rosky)
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 23:58:36 -0700 (PDT)

My only commenton all these small radios is that they generally have
poor 3rd order imd. Many stations are starting to use these radios with
KW amps at home, the splatter is horrendous. We have this problem in
the USSR with the economy, and many hams are buying these radios as
base setups. We were slowly starting to kill off all those UW3DI
splatter boxes, now we have a sophisticated version of these radios
woth similar splatter. Yes i have one too, the original 706. The
splatter from that is similar to CB type radios. Interesting thing
about my 706 is the 3rd order imd actually worsens when the power is
lowered.

Anyway a Amps related point.

Igor