[AMPS] Re: Ferrite Rod for 6M Amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Ferrite Rod for 6M Amp
From: royanjoy@ncn.net (Roy Koeppe)
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 16:34:56 -0500
All,

"Harry,

>Amidon lists material 61 rods for such use up to 200mHz.

?  the manufacturer. of 61 material rates it at 10MHz.  At 14MHz, I can
see waveform distortion on an oscilloscope.

-  later, Roy

Rich..."

Quoting from Amidon flyer: "Material 61  (u=125)  ..............Moderate
temperature stability and high 'Q' for frequencies 0.2mHz to 15mHz. Also
commonly used for wideband transformers up to 200mHz."

I would consider a filament choke to be in the latter category and if its
inductive reactance is the correct value, its impedance should be far
greater than that of the cathode and therefore not affect the waveshape a
significant amount.

???????    73,  Roy     K6XK