[AMPS] Re: Peak vs True

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Peak vs True
From: k7sc@cybertrails.com (Jim Riff)
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 18:35:36 -0700
Ralph,

Thank you for your excellent and logical explanation of the exact problem
that I had experienced.
I was looking for a reason why my new linear did not show much greater
output on SSB than on tune/CW.

It stands to reason that these cores are low cost off the shelf parts and
that they saturate at high peak power; looks like a Bird, or a scope would
be the "True" indicators.

Thanks and 73's,
Jim, K7SC