[AMPS] Obtuse questions

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Obtuse questions
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 13:54:01 -0700

>Good Morning everyone,
>
>   I'm trying to reconcile some design issues with an unusual 4-400
>amplifier I've been kicking around the past couple weeks.
>

>  Does anyone:
>

>1.   Have a feeling for what the value of the stray plate circuit
>capacitance (excluding the tube itself)  would be with reasonably short
>connections from the plate to the blocking cap and then to a small vacuum
>variable?

?  maybe 2 or 3 pF.

>2.   Know if Jennings ever made a 5-250 pF 10KV vacuum variable
>physically shorter than 6" overall?

?  The shortest one in the catalog is 7.68".  The most space saving way
to mount vacuum variables is vertically.  Multronics makes an ideal
right-angle drive that replaces the orig. bushing at the end of the vac.
variable's drive shaft.  //  Vert. mtg. solves shaft alignment probs,
slightly reduces stray L, reduces stress on seals and eliminates the
strain of gravity on the soft, oxygen-free copper plates.   .  .  and
Jennings recommends vert. mtg.
  good luck, Marv.

Rich...