[AMPS] various

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] various
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 99 11:04:13 -0500
>Better yet, splurge and find some big ceramic jobbies, like the Draloric,
>or the Unilator or the High Energy. I got some custom made, 20,000 pf, 25
>kV, ceramic disk, about 6 inches in diameter, with a ring of tapped holes
>around the perimeter. Hi Energy made them for about $500 each. It took 6
>months to get delivery, but it is a really nice low Z capacitor. I wish
>these were available from Fair Radio!

Fair Radio has some VERY nice ceramic RF doorknobs from Murata.  They are
either .02 or .002 uF (I forget) and are rated for 20 KV and 105 A.  I
use 1 for a blocking cap and 2 for HV bypass in my amp.

They are REAL nice.  If I remember right, they are about $17 each.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

The Second Amendment is NOT about duck hunting!

Jon Ogden

jono@enteract.com
www.qsl.net/ke9na