[AMPS] new to me al-811h amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] new to me al-811h amp
From: N4NT@wireco.net (Michael O. Hyder)
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 10:50:55 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01BEC154.19294020

Hi Scott--

You have had other replies, but here is an idea to incorporate when you =
are reworking that amp.

A slick thing you can do if the amp isn't already that way:

Paint the inside of the final compartment with black liquid shoe polish =
(the kind that comes in a bottle with an applicator on a wire).  (Per =
Rich's suggestions for the SB-220).  That causes the metal to absorb the =
radiant energy from the plates instead of reflecting it back at the =
tubes.  I couldn't find the liquid shoe polish, so bought 'Stove Black' =
and a 59 cent brush at a hardware store and painted my SB-220 up all =
nice.  Heck, I even painted the surface closest to the bleeder =
resistors.  I've got the blackest insides of an SB-220 in existence!

Luck to you!

73 de Mike N4NT@wireco.net=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20