[AMPS] SB1000 PROBLEMS-HELP!

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB1000 PROBLEMS-HELP!
From: KB2QQM@email.msn.com (Greg Heath)
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 19:02:56 -0400
I have an SB1000 and I bought a Chinese 3-500G tube.  Worked great for
awhile, about 40 hours...  then one day..I came in and turned the amp on to
warm up, and both 15 amp fuses immediately blew.  I have it connected to the
120V
wall socket.   I cautiously unplugged the amp, removed the tube, replaced
the fuses, and put everything back together.  I turned the amp on and it
performs great.....the pwr supply and fan run and I have about 3200 Volts.
So I put the tube back in and blam!...it blows the breakers.   How can I
test this tube, and any other ideas before I send the tube back to AES.
thanks.Greg.