[AMPS] PS Step Start Question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] PS Step Start Question
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 15:11:26 -0500
Hi Bill,

Use a 2000-3000 mfd cap accross the coil, and a 500 ohm series resistor.
Use two 25 ohm power resistors, one in series with each side of the line.
The 500 ohm resistor can be adjusted to give the desired amount of delay.
You only need enough delay to allow the HV meter  to come up to 75% of
normal voltage. 3-4 seconds is OK, but probably not necessary.
I have built over 30 of these, and they worked every time!

GL!
Phiul, K5PC