[AMPS] Have Cake & Eat it too

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Have Cake & Eat it too
From: RFpower@radiodan.com (Radiodan W7RF)
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 08:30:25 -0700
Hi Jonathan,

Wattmeters are most accurate at their designed input and output impedance
(50 ohms for our communications stuff). Even a BIRD is not accurate for
forward power when a high SWR is present.
Also make sure the 40M dipole is not interacting with the 15M portion of you
TH-7. If it is mounted close to the TH-7 and in the same plane you may
experience some interaction on 15M as the 40M dipole is 3/4 wavelength on
15M. Many hams avoid these interactions by mounting the 40M dipole 90
degrees off of the 15M yagi (40M element parallel to the TH-7 boom).

73, Dan Magro W7RF, (President WARC 1999, member SCDXC, SCCC)
Manufacturers Rep & Distributor for HENRY RF Power Amplifiers.
www.radiodan.com <http://www.radiodan.com> ??? RFpower@radiodan.com
<mailto:RFpower@radiodan.com> A trip to our web site is worth the click!