[AMPS] no reviews?? N0AH

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] no reviews?? N0AH
From: wd4jra@planttel.net (John Vickers)
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 13:21:08 -0400
N0AH WROTE
>Ok, so I have not heard a peep from anyone regarding the Ameritron
>AL-800H......

Hi All
A friend loaned me an AL 800H several months ago and it worked  GREAT. I
kept it for several months and put it thru the mill. Used it in some contest
and on all bands 160 thru 10.

The output approached 2000 W . It was easy to tune and the grid protection
ckt  seems to operate as planned.  At least my miscues in tuning or such
didn't cause it to self destruct !!

If I were going to buy a new amp--- the AL 800H would be one of my first
choices.  The only negative thing would be having to wait a couple of mins
for warmup.  A triode has the edge there.

You won't be disappointed with the 800H. ( unless you're kin to Measures  :)
I have no connection with Ameritron--- only a friend that loaned me the amp
so I could rest my single 4-400A for a while.
73 John WA4TT