[AMPS] Re: swr

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: swr
From: w0opw@yahoo.com (PD W)
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 10:11:39 -0700 (PDT)
 Using my Autek RF1 analyst, I get different Swr values and
resonance at various places in the shack.  Every
connector/coax cable changes Swr and resonance, including
before and after the MFJ 2 pole antenna switch.  Finally,
measuring Swr right at the coax end at the transceiver, I
get a different value and resonance on the RF1 compared to
the Yaesu rig.  All cables are 50 ohms cuz I checked them
too.  A note that any cables not 50 ohms will exacerbate
the problem.  So, what indeed is true resonance/Swr but in
the eye of the beholder ??
  Pat W0OPW