[AMPS] Re: swr

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: swr
From: RFpower@radiodan.com (Radiodan W7RF)
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 10:37:31 -0700
With all of this talk about SWR, let me say don't worry too much about it.

You MAY wish to try different coax lengths in order to have your transceiver
be able to deliver full power to your amplifier or other similar situations.
It is not likely that it would make much overall difference in signal
strength at the other end.
Reading different SWR values at different points along a transmission line
is normal, only try to minimize this if it is causing a problem (partial SWR
related cutback of power from your rig), otherwise don?t concern yourself
with these small differences.
Overall station/antenna performance and actually getting on the air to enjoy
all this hardware are more beneficial endeavors.
MFJ antenna switches are built in such a way as they may become misaligned
and could be a problem by themselves.

73, Dan Magro W7RF, (President WARC 1999, member SCDXC, SCCC)
Manufacturers Rep & Distributor for HENRY RF Power Amplifiers.
RF Applications Power Measuring equipment, See the VFD!
www.radiodan.com <http://www.radiodan.com>     RFpower@radiodan.com
<mailto:RFpower@radiodan.com> A trip to our web site is worth the click!