R: [AMPS] Re: swr

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: R: [AMPS] Re: swr
From: w7iuv@axtek.com (Larry Molitor)
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 20:29:11 +0100
At 01:23 AM 10/2/99 +0200, you wrote:
>This is an opinable statement.
>If the the center is 1 Ohm, then all the plotted values in the chart have to
>be normalized to it.
>When values are normalized, any value can a become a normalized 1 Ohm (the
>center), including a 50 Ohm.
>Is it 1000 meters different than 1 Km ?
>
>73,
>Mauri I4JMY

Mauri, I stated "standard Smith Chart". Of course there exist "custom"
prints for those who are either to lazy for or incapable of the
normalization process. Actually, like most of the heated discussions on
this list, it don't matter squat. But it is fun once in a while to nit-pick
the nit-pickers!

Have fun!

73,

Larry - W7IUV