[AMPS] Re:No Brainer

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re:No Brainer
From: RFpower@radiodan.com (Radiodan W7RF)
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 11:30:04 -0700
Hi Jeff,

This sounds like another "how do I get more out than the tube I want to use
was designed for" application.
Indeed, the 3-500 tube is an excellent choice for amateur amplifiers. A pair
in the right amplifier will put out 2000+ watts.
It is usually better to design for near maximum ratings if the purpose is
maximum power out.

Think about it, why not use a tube capable of higher power out rather than
try and take a particular tube and force it beyond it's ratings?
Just like anything else, it will fail early or give unsatisfactory service.

Design CONSERVATIVELY and be rewarded by years of good service.

73, Dan Magro W7RF, (President WARC 1999, member SCDXC, SCCC)
Manufacturers Rep & Distributor for HENRY RF Power Amplifiers.
RF Applications Power Measuring equipment, See the VFD & WinWatt!
www.radiodan.com <http://www.radiodan.com>     RFpower@radiodan.com
<mailto:RFpower@radiodan.com> A trip to our web site is worth the click!