[AMPS] Thanks, Dan.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Thanks, Dan.
From: mgilmer@gnlp.com (Gilmer, Mike)
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 08:11:05 -0400
On Thursday, October 14, 1999 11:10 PM, Jeff Wolf
[SMTP:da_kang@hotmail.com] wrote:
> [...]
impressive.

Same "amount of illegality"?
A thinking person (yes, even a lawyer too) could debate just the
concept.
Unless of course there's petit and grand excess.

> There is NO justification for the blatant illegal operation of many
CBers
> out there.

Hmm... true colors showing.

> Have a nice day, Dan...  Nice to see that you think it is OK to sell a
8
> thousand watt amp to a ham because he has a license, but the same amp
to a
> CBer would be unethical.

A non sequitur.  One minute you seem think it matters (in terms of
"amount of illegality") what the "S Meter increase" is.  Now you are
saying it's the actual output power that matters.

I say have all the fun you want.  It seems you would only ever hurt
yourself and that's all I ask from anyone's crazy hobby.

Comparing the "engineering" in a "key-down" amp to a commercial
communications amp is a bit like comparing a dragster to a production
Porsche.  I know which one I'd rather drive in the real world.

Mike
N2MG