[AMPS] Re: Our CB Brethren! (amps team or generators for sale)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Our CB Brethren! (amps team or generators for sale)
From: wb4mnf@atl.org (Bob Duckworth)
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 08:24:18 +0100
WOW!

Sounds like fun!
How to get in on it?
Anyone want to team up?
I have 4 x 30KVA 110V 400Hz 3phase
generators in the warehouse right now.
If someone has a 4WD suburban we can
go grab a transmission out of an old RX7
and run it backwards off the transfer case to
drive these puppies (they need to spin at 8k RPM)
120KVA is only, what, 200HP or so? A stock
big block won't have any problems.
Mount the gennies on phenolic blocks and use voltage
multiplier on each, the 4KV shouldn't be a problem.
I've seen 3cx4000F7's floating around surplus.
Gain of 160. Maybe run 4 of these class 'D'  could
handle the 120KW in at close to 90% efficiency.
100KW out for 10 min reliably?
Coax? We don't need no coax. 4 tube (2 x parallel, pairs PP)
 with the output link tied directly to the antenna (6" copper downspout)
 base with a big copper ball on the other end.
Cover the roof of the suburban with copper flashing.
Stick a pair of whatever connectors the judges watt
meter has at the base so he can hook it up.

link>wattmeter>ant (no coax cable)

How much prize money was that?????

Anyone interested in buying my generators?
They are small. approx 12" diameter x 10" tall
and came out of Grumman A-6. You know, the
carrier based job with the big radome on top.
Gummint paid about $20k/each for these.
How about $11k total for the 4 of them?

-bob