[AMPS] Re: Our CB Brethren!

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Our CB Brethren!
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 99 14:33:03 -0500
measures wrote:

>>Well for that matter, why don't they just use big dummy loads then to key
>>into instead of antennas?  That way, it's legal then and they aren't
>>interfering with anyone else.
>>
>>I'd have no problem with that.
>>
>Have you ever seen a termination that will handle 800k?

I didn't know these guys were running 800K.  I thought it was 80k.
That's what was reported.  You could easily make one that handles 80K.  I
can even provide the terminations (at a price or course) as one of the
companies I sell for makes 800 Watt terminations.  Get about 100 of them
and you have your 80KW handling capability.  Sure it would need to be
heatsunk and probably watercooled, but these guys have already gone
through the big trouble of building generators so why not build the load
too.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

The Second Amendment is NOT about duck hunting!

Jon Ogden

jono@enteract.com
www.qsl.net/ke9na