[AMPS] Re: Our CB Brethren!

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Our CB Brethren!
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 15:01:04 -0500

>I can even provide the terminations (at a price or course) as one of the
> companies I sell for makes 800 Watt terminations.  Get about 100 of them
> and you have your 80KW handling capability.  Sure it would need to be
> heatsunk and probably watercooled, but these guys have already gone
> through the big trouble of building generators so why not build the load
> too.
>
> 73,
>
> Jon
> KE9NA

The name of the game is ERP. They care not about how many watts they
can make, but what the F.S. meter says accross the field. The antenna
design is an important part of the system.  It must be installed on the
vehicle, and the vehicle must be roadable with it in place. As you can see
in some of the pix, multi element phased arrays are common. The higest
obsticle to overcome is to have a robust design that will not melt!

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC
"The Dark Ages were caused by a Y1K problem"