[AMPS] FS: Jennings RJ1A & Kilovac HC-1 QSK Vacuum Relays$38

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] FS: Jennings RJ1A & Kilovac HC-1 QSK Vacuum Relays$38
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 02:59:46 +0100
At 05:38 PM 10/15/99 -0500, Michael Melland wrote:

>Mark posted this to a news group this afternoon....... I've seen these
>mentioned so I thought I'd send it here for those who may be needing
>one.
------

>These relays were removed from new, unused equipment so although they
>have been installed, they have no cycle time on them. They are the QSK
>relays used in most of the poupular high poewr amplifiers like Alpha,
>Ten-Tec, Commander, QRO, Amp Supply and several others that are QSK
>capable. These relays are also great for quiet VOX  operation. They
>are quaranteed to work as new. Don't wait till yours craps out! Pick
>up a spare.... $38.00 each while they last.

Allen Bond, President of Max-Gain Systems (www.mgs4u.com) has both RJ1As
and HC-1s, plus a variety of other vacuum relays, vacuum caps and tubes at
very attractive prices -- a little better than those above.  Quick and easy
to deal with.

The relays are only quiet if you take pains to isolate them mechanically
with silicone rubber, etc.  Also, the coil terminals on the HC-1 are
extremely fragile -- as a result I have a spare set of contacts in case my
first relay ever gives out.

No connection with Allen other than as a satisfied customer.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com

Sometimes a tower is just a tower