[AMPS] Elementary question (Shame)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Elementary question (Shame)
From: royanjoy@ncn.net (Roy Koeppe)
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 13:23:52 -0500
OK Men,

I have hesitated to ax this before 'cause it's so basic that I should
have been born with the info.

Feeling extra humble today, so here goes.

We spend time calculating and almost endless time arguing on this
reflector about optimum tank operating Q and L1 component value. Then,
after everyone quiets down, we construct an amp using a ROLLER for L1,
with its thousand chances of operating AWAY from  that sacred optimum Q!

Since I have never used a roller in this application (mainly because of
the above fear, be it right or wrong), would someone please halucinate
me as to the tuning procedure used to end up with the desired Q, or
whatever correct setting the roller should finally be arrived at?!

Maybe there are others besides me out there equally timid about asking?

I know, I'm like that hopeless native in the jungle classroom, scolded
by the missionary saying, "I buy you books, I send you to school, and
what do you do? You eat the teacher!

73, TNX,            Roy          K6XK