[AMPS] Eimac care and feeding

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Eimac care and feeding
From: G3SEK@ifwtech.demon.co.uk (Ian White, G3SEK)
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 20:15:06 +0000
Rich Measures wrote:

> Why does "Care and Feeding of Power Grid Tubes need
>to be updated?  Sure, the Class C stuff is mostly a relic.
[snip, about minor errors]

...and:

* There's not enough information about linear operation.

* There's not enough information about operation above 30MHz.

* It doesn't mention more modern tubes - even the 3-500Z came later than
the book, and of course there's nothing about the 3CX800 or 8873-4-5-7.

* There's no application information to put the principles into
practice.

... and above all:

* There's no information about anything that has happened in the last 35
years!

Eimac were absolutely correct to decide that C&F needs to be updated.
I wish they'd now decide that the dream about "let's all do it via the
web" has failed - and then either do it a different way, or not at all.

                           http://www.ifwtech.demon.co.uk/g3sek