[AMPS] Band Switch arcing SB-1000/AL-80

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Band Switch arcing SB-1000/AL-80
From: Jim" <jdc@ieway.com (Jim)
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 13:58:47 -0800
I know there was a thread about this a bit ago........But.......

The arcing that I am having is in the front wafer of the switch.  This wafer
just switches the tuning cap padder for 160 meters. The
cap is 170 Pf.  The open contacts arc when in the 80 meter position.  I am
not sure if it is a parasitic or not.  I would say not.

Riches special plate suppresser is installed in the plate lead.  The gap
that arcs is almost 3/4 inches wide!  Why does the tune cap itself arc ?

Did Ameritron re-design this portion of the switch ?

I really do not want to replace an $ 80.00 switch. Let alone the fuss of
replacing it.

73 to all and happy Thanksgiving....

Jim W7RY