[AMPS] Re: Hypothesis of the G2DAF amplifier operation

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Hypothesis of the G2DAF amplifier operation
From: G3SEK@ifwtech.demon.co.uk (Ian White, G3SEK)
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 21:47:58 +0000
Colin Lamb wrote:
>    Attached is data recently taken and a hypothesis which I developed
>    as a result of the tests.? The hypothesis is presented for the
>    purpose of testing it, throwing darts at it and proving or
>    disproving it.?
>    ?
>    Two circuits are included in a .jpg format.? Also included is data
>    in a generic spreadsheet format.?
>    ?
>    Text of my hypothesis is attached in both a text and Word format.?

Thanks for the thorough information, Colin. Still processing here...

The QY3-125 that G2DAF used is the same as a 4-125. The operating
conditions in "G2DAF mode" are given in the scanned pages on my web
site.

>?
>    Reviewing the limited facts I have, I have arrived at a conclusion
>    of why Norm, W6EDD's amplfier did have "doo-doo".
>    ?
Well, if that was the circuit of the amp that Rich heard, it is NOT a
G2DAF! It uses Norm's own ideas about generating screen voltage, and
thus is not relevant to this discussion.

                           http://www.ifwtech.demon.co.uk/g3sek