[AMPS] L7 PS

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] L7 PS
From: EA6NB1@teleline.es (Jaime P.Ullívarri)
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 05:41:08 -0000

Hi all,
I am in the process to renew my old Drake L7 PS, just before I have changed
the transformer for a Peter Dal, but the elec. caps are a bit old and dry.
Drake use to surplus Sprague 200MF-450v 85 deg but now they don't have any,
I have fond Sprague 230MF-450v 85 deg about the same size. Will be any
problem to use this caps with a bit more the capacity ( 30MF, original are
200MF ) to substitute all 8 caps? The PS gets the HV with a voltage doubler
so this caps are the filter capacitors.
Will be better to change also all the original 14 diodes ( there is not any
shorted or aparently damaged only old )and shunt resistors of 150 oms 1/2w?.
I have had before arcs and diode burnt before with this PS, maybe will be a
good idea to add a step-start circuit.

Wish you all a HNY 2.000.
73, Jaime.