[AMPS] AL-1200, AL-1500, OR?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] AL-1200, AL-1500, OR?
From: w4foa@voy.net (B. J. "Tony" Martin)
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 07:57:54 -0500
I have just resubscribed, so if this topic has already been discussed,
please
forgive.
 I would value comments and/or suggestions which would help me decide on

which amp I will purchase.  I have looked and listened and read reviews
and
have just about narrowed my choice down to the Ameritron AL-1200 or
the AL-1500.  I have not found any negative comments on either, but the
most favorable seem to point to the AL-1200, and that is the way I am
inclined to go.  BUT, before I do, I would welcome any comments from
users, owners or former owners or even suggestions of other amps in that

class.  One question I have not been able to find the answer to is the
replacement
cost of the 3CX1200A7 (in the 1200) or 3CX1500A7 (in the 1500).  Thanks
for reading and any replies.
Sincere 73
Tony, W4FOA
w4foa@voy.net