[AMPS] AL-1200, AL-1500, OR?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] AL-1200, AL-1500, OR?
From: measures@vcnet.com (measures)
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 06:54:27 -0700

>I have just resubscribed, so if this topic has already been discussed,
>please forgive.
> I would value comments and/or suggestions which would help me decide on
>
>which amp I will purchase.  I have looked and listened and read reviews and
>have just about narrowed my choice down to the Ameritron AL-1200 or
>the AL-1500.  I have not found any negative comments on either,

?  Here's one.  The AL-1500 in the only 8877 amplifier on Earth that has
No VHF parasitic suppressor.  A friend who has a computer program that
analyzes amplifier stability, told me that the 8877 has encough feedback
C and gain to oscillate above roughly 100MHz.  I know of an AL-1500 in
4-land that ate three tubes during the warranty period. I know of one in
8-land that reportedly ate more.

good luck, Tony