[AMPS] Re: Adios

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Adios
From: fredffff@hotmail.com (Fred Fliss)
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 00:58:44 EST
>>*  Amen to that,  Terry. It amazes me that people who claim they hate spam
>>are perfectly willing to dump it on this group.

It should seem to me that as long as we are defining things like "...get
your FREE..." as spam, that we should also define any sort of "soapbox" item
or website url in a person's sig as spam, such as

"Collector of Stoddard..."
or
"Check it out!  It's been updated..."
or, the strongest case in my feeble mind at the moment,

"www.vcnet.com/measures..."
Especially that last one, since it refers to a website where some items are
sold.

Seriously, I'm not trying to pick on anybody, but we can too easily get anal
retentive about what is spam.  Skipp's emails have three or four lines at
the end that advertise Juno.  I don't mind.  It's a lot better than the
various postings where people re-send email postings four generations old.

Obviously, I'm biased, since I use an email service that appends an
advertisement, but gosh, can't we be reasonable about things?

BTW, Rich, what is the "N" word?

Fred

end