[AMPS] Ameritron ALS600

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Ameritron ALS600
From: on4aoi@ping.be (GUY)
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 20:59:13 -0000
The mod AMERITRON made will help a lot
because the finals DIE of high reverse tension
this is solved with the placement off the Caps
at that place.
One other thing you can do is reducing the voltage on the finals
they put about 65 volts (no signal) on it and thats much to high
normal it should be MAX 50 volt
I build a regulation for it and now the voltage is 45 volt stable
lost some 50 watt with this mod but that doesn't matter.
I did do several very bad tests with the amp but couldn't blow
them up anymore.
btw your ts450 can't blow them up it's a fault in the design
found this out when I repaired mine and the one MARK  EL2WW
was using and still is working at EL2RF I heard.

Guy ON4AOI

DX4WIN soft and related stuff at
http://www.ping.be/on4aoi/dx4win.shtml
DX4WIN, WRITELOG, WF1B & RITTY CW & RTTY interfaces at
http://www.ping.be/on4aoi/keyer.shtml
YAESU SOFT & AUTOMATIC BANDDATA CONTROL at
http://www.ping.be/on4aoi/yaesu.shtml
MY SALESPAGE with radioamateur & computer parts
http://www.ping.be/on4aoi/sale.shtml