[AMPS] Russian tube question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Russian tube question
From: tony@uch.net (UT7CT --> Anton Koval)
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 17:05:12 +0200
Folks,

It has taken me some time to get the compatible
Russian Svetlana vs Western Svetlana tubes list. What I know for sure in
terms of compatibility is that GU-74B=4CX800A and GS-36B is 4CX400A.
Some other compatibility is found between the following tubes:
- - GS-35B/GS-7B - 8877 ?
- - GU-43B - 4CX1000A ?
- - GS-23B - 4CX1600U
Also, some other Russain tubes like G-811,
GI-7B, GS-1B/GS-31B, GS-7B/GS-35B, GU-78, GU-84 and maybe some other are
popular with the Western hams. The point is I want to get as much
possible information on the compatibility/compliance as well as
practical results in using the mentioned tubes (GS-23B, GU-74B, GS-35B,
GS-31B have been in use already say, in the US) to add the data to my
site which already contains the English manuals for many Russian tubes (
http://www.qsl.net/ut7ct ). The purpose is to help fellow hams to use a
lot cheaper but rather reliable Soviet surplus tubes in PA applications.
Regards, Anton Koval, UT7CT
UT7CT Ham Radio
Devices - Fine range of CT Hand Keys & Paddles. Collectable keys.
Svetlana PA tubes and much more at http://www.qsl.net/ut7ct tony@uch.net
ICQ#19487420