[AMPS] 4CX800's vs 4CX1600

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 4CX800's vs 4CX1600
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 07:36:18 -0700

>Svetlana has been on the market since the late 19th century. Quality is the
>main avantage I think...

''svetlana'' means ''light''.  The Svetlana company was supposedly making
light bulbs before Lee De Forrest patented the triode electron tube in
1907.  .

Triton is apparently making tubes that are remarkably similar to late
production Eimac 3-500Zs.  To explain: During the time that Eimac 3-500Zs
were made in Salt Lake City, many tubes were seemingly produced with
defective anode cooler welds.  With normal use, the defective welds would
eventually let the anode cooler drop on the grounded-grid.   Defective
spotwelds were caused by not using enough spotweld current.  After Triton
purchased Eimac's glass-tube division, Triton reportedly began producing
tubes with defective anode cooler spotwelds.   Hopefully, the problem has
been fixed.  Chinese metal-cooler 3-500Z/8008s apparently do not have
this problem.  Graphite anode-cooler tubes have no such problem.

>>  I recently saw a HENRY 2K3 with the original
>>graphite 3-500Zs from early sixties in good shape.

Are you certain they weren't 3-400Zs?

cheers