[AMPS] Modified SB-220 $625 shipped

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Modified SB-220 $625 shipped
From: Ku7i@worldnet.att.net (Lane Zeitler)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 19:19:29 -0800
Editor's Note: will take an HQ-170-A or HQ-180 in partial trade.

This is a real workhorse of an amp. Recent procurement of a homebrew 4CX1500
amp forces the sale of this gem.

Modifed with the following:

1. Change of tuning dials from 1:1 to 6:1 reduction with vernier drives.
2. Back to back meter protect diodes.
3. Power supply diodes, bypass capacitors and equilizing resistors have been
replaced.
4. Placed diode accross main T/R relay to increase relay life.
5. Placed 200 ohm dropping resistor in series with relay to protect
contacts.
6. New T/R relay.
7. VHF parasitic suppressors installed on both the tube anode side and the
cathode side.
8. Installed HV fuse resistor to replace choke in HV line.
9. Grid fuse protection using Rich's (AG6K) resistors and capacitors.
10. Cooling fan rebuilt. This baby is QUIET and moves a LOT of air.

I have notes on all of these mods as well as the published info that AG6K
includes with his kits. This amp works better than new. The ONLY reason I am
selling this is because of the new HB amp I just picked up. I will also
include a copy of how to add 160 meters using AG6K's method. Not difficult
to do.

The plate voltage on this amp idles at about 3100 and fully loaded at 1300
watts out drops to about 2600 or so. You can wire the amp for 120 or 240 but
I recommend 240. Cosmetics are really nice, about an 8 to 8.5 out of 10.
There was a Drake low pass filter bolted to the top of the case and as a
result there are four non-original holes in the top of the cabinet.

This amp covers 80 to 10 including WARC. About 100 watts of drive for 1250
to 1300 out on 80 to 17 and a little less on 15, 12, and 10 meters. There
are not seperte band switch positions for 17 and 12. Use the 15 and 10 meter
band switch postions for those two bands. Use your auto-tuner is driving it
with a solid state rig (on 17 and 12).

Have original manual and copies of all of the mods. The amp works PERFECT.
Tubes are Eimac and of course full output.

Price is $625 shipped lower 48.

 Lane
Ku7i
San Diego