[AMPS] Stainless Steel Chassis Effects????

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Stainless Steel Chassis Effects????
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 06:51:56 -0600
on 3/10/00 1:06 AM, Mike Baker at bakerhouse@uswest.net wrote:

> The
> conductivity of stainless is not as good as aluminum and I would think
> the effects on VHF circuits would be detrimental due to its lossier
> conductivity.
> Ok, that should get a few of you thinking in a different direction for a
> hour or so.

I've heard of people using stainless steel before.  When I had a resonance
problem due to cavity effects in my amp, several people suggested using a
stainless steel lid (the problem came into play when putting the lid on).
It definitely is lossier than aluminum.  But does it help? Who knows.

Tom Rauch questions that with surface areas that large, that it probably
doesn't make a difference.  He's probably correct.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden