[AMPS] Rocky Point effects

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Rocky Point effects
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 14:54:10 -0500
> Not that I've noticed, also not when at 400 W RTTY or SSTV.. The tubes are
> new EIMACs, according to the previous owner.

> On this point, I've always been under the impression that for this box,
> the SB 220, red anodes are only visible at just about "full smoke" and key
> down for quite a while, is this not correct?

It's been years since I've seen an SB-220, but as I recall the tubes
will show a slight color at the bottom of the anode when keyed
without drive in the CW HV position, and more color in the SSB
position.

If not, and if I was using the tubes, I'd reset the bias until I did see
a tinge of red color in some area of the anode or at least
periodically intentionally redden the tube anodes to make sure the
tubes are gettered.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com