[AMPS] Re: New G2DAF amplifier information

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: New G2DAF amplifier information
From: i4jmy@iol.it (i4jmy@iol.it)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 12:02:25 +0100
Most of that style amplifiers are actually using the very peculiar
Philips QBL 3.5/5000 that leads to say much bigger amplifier, two times
or more, than the standard amateur market Alpha's or Ameritron.
It wouldn't be wrong to check what happens at the IMD products with the
QBL 3.5/5000 when pushed to it's full drive and plate PS max ratings.
All considered, I suspect the reason to use a G2DAF styled conf. with
an available tube (lower price than other tubes of that power) that's
very peculiar and can't work GG is a consequence and not the choice for
better performance.

73,
Mauri I4JMY