[AMPS] Re: New G2DAF amplifier information

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: New G2DAF amplifier information
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 16:47:49 -0000
Rich says;

>Please name a (not G-G) Collins amplifier that used AB2 instead of AB1.

Now unfortunately, I don't know the number. But it's the 45kW amp described
by Bruene in the Proc IRE article pp1760 - 1765 December 1956.

>The constant current curves prove why this is generally the case

For some tubes only - not all. You are still generalising. Try the 4CX5000A.

Some tubes are designed for no grid current. Not all tubes. However, your
comments are getting more specific, so we are getting convergence between
our points of view.

73

Peter G3RZP