[AMPS] Alpha 78 Output PWR Down 50%

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Alpha 78 Output PWR Down 50%
From: heatwole@clark.net (Nat Heatwole)
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 15:17:53 -0500 (EST)
I just got done attempting the low drive mod of my Alpha 78 bandbass
linear (apparently the mod has already been done by a previous owner, but
that's another story). But, when I hooked the amp back up to the radio, it
only produces 500-750w out when before I opened it up it did 1000-1500w
out. I tried a second power meter and it read the same. I opened the amp
back up again and cleaned all of the tube contact points and tightened a
few screws, but it still won't peak past 750w. It's like the amplifier
gain went from 10db down to 7db. Any ideas why it's doing this? Or (even
more importantly) any ways that I might be able to fix this? Could I have
perhaps bumped or loosened something in my attempt to mod the amp? ANY and
ALL help is appreciated.

73's de Nat,
WZ3AR (Ex-KB3CBW)